Thursday 17 June 2010

Staring my baking blog

After baking passionately for the past few years, I am finally starting my own baking blog.

This idea was given to me by my very dear friend shumaila.
When I had told her about my love for baking few months ago, she had suggested that I blog about it. At that time I was busy working as a programmer and had no time for anything.

I always wanted to gather all my favorite recipes at one place for quicker accessibility and so for that purpose, what better way than blogging!

This recipe that I am sharing is adapted from here. I like to call it the 'Apple Cake'. It goes best with tea at breakfast.

My sister is having a go at baking these days so I am guiding her as I take pictures for my blog.


Apple Cake

3 eggs

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups regular sugar

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil

2 teaspoons vanilla essence

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Apples, peeled and finely chopped (2 cups)

1 cup chopped nuts (almonds or walnuts) - optional



Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F.

Grease and flour baking cake pan.

I prefer to line bottom of pan with butter paper and then grease it too. This not only helps to remove the cake from the pan when baked but also makes washing the pan a great deal easier as the pan will be practically clean!



In a clean dry bowl first mix the dry ingredients i.e. flour, salt, cinnamon powder & baking soda.

Now in a separate bowl beat sugar, oil, vanilla essence and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixture until smooth. Stir in chopped apples and nuts.

Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or till knife inserted in center comes out clean.


10 comments:

  1. Nida its such a sweet & simple bake. I would say a perfect summer bake for an afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm yumm yummm! Good going girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have to do all the baking away from Karachi! I'd have dropped by one evening for those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh yes, that would have been great :) but now you can try it yourself too, its really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah you tempt my sweet tooth :P
    the shots are great..they make it even more tempting for me:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. even thought i m not much of baker but i think i m going to try this recipt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes ismat you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! Simply irresistable! Yummmmyyy! :D I am SO asking mom to make this!

    ReplyDelete